Congratulations to Rob Wolkon Named as New England "Super Lawyer" by Boston Magazine For Sixth Consecutive Year
Rob Wolkon was once again named a "Super Lawyer" for Massachusetts and New England in 2010 by Boston Magazine, and also in the Corporate Counsel listing, ranking the top 5% of Massachusetts attorneys. Super Lawyers names Massachusetts' best lawyers as chosen by the independent research of Law & Politics magazine, based on a survey of approximately 31,000 attorneys. Rob has been included in Super Lawyers for the past six years.
Stuart Hamilton Joins W&P in Estate and Tax Planning
Stuart Hamilton has joined Wolkon & Pascucci, LLP as Of Counsel to the firm, adding to our sophisticated estate, probate and tax planning practice. Stuart will service our high net-worth clients in estate planning, probate proceedings, tax matters and business succession planning. Stuart also runs W&P's office in Sudbury, MA, where he also maintains a separate estate planning and probate practice with Hamilton Law Office, P.C.
Check back soon for news about our firm's upcoming 15th Anniversary.
Recent Cases and Legal Matters
We are currently engaged in several business litigation matters in Massachusetts state and federal courts, employment cases at the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, as well as proceedings before the Massachusetts Division of Registration and Board of Bar Overseers representing licensed professionals in disciplinary proceedings. Some of the matters we have recently concluded are:
Contract Litigation.We filed suit in Superior Court on behalf of a Massachusetts corporation in a breach of contract action against a major university and an internationally renowned trust. The case went to mediation, in which we recovered a six-figure settlement on behalf of our client.
Professional Discipline.We have numerous cases currently pending before the Board of Bar Overseers. We recently represented two attorneys in allegations of professional misconduct, both of which resulted in no formal charges being filed. We also represented a chiropractor in proceedings at the Massachusetts Board of Registration of Chiropractic, and secured a dismissal of all charges.
Personal Injury.During the past two years, we have handled several catastrophic personal injury matters, each resulting in six-figure settlements.
State Ethics Commission.We recently represented a public official before the State Ethics Commission, defending allegations that he violated M.G.L. c. 268A, the state conflict of interest laws. The Commission found no violation of law.
Corporate and Employment
- We represented a high-tech corporate client in securing public debt financing to purchase new equipment and other infrastructure improvements.
- We recently completed a private placement offering for a client to raise working capital for ongoing business operations.
- We have represented several senior-level executives in negotiating separation and severance agreements with their employers in the financial services, retail and health care industries.
- We recently drafted and updated employment policy manuals for several of our corporate clients to conform to recent changes and developments in employment laws.
- We are continuing our work in updating estate plans of our clients to adapt to recent changes in state and federal laws.